Monday, February 6, 2012

Homemade Wax (Hair Removal)

Remember when I said no more neglecting my blog and then ignored it for a month? (>3<) Well, it got a spruce up this evening (which too ages to figure out how I wanted it, still not sure, hmm).

Anyway, I was looking for DIY stuff to do last week and actually carried some of those out and this was really the only successful one.
SecretLifeOfaBioNerd did a tutorial on this:
For this you'll need
  • 2 tsp Brown Sugar
  • 1 tsp honey
  • 1 tsp water

But mine didn't work after following her instructions, it just ended up all watery which I didn't expect, maybe I used too much water. So I'd just like to give a tip about this and it's to use more brown sugar to make it thicken up, which I didn't think would actually work but too much brown sugar will made it so hard it's unusable, if this happens, pop it back in the microwave like in previous steps.



I only did my eyebrows quick so I had them done before it hardened completely. My mam used an old nightdress instead of cotton scraps, it was the same thing and I used a baby's spoon because I had no icepop sticks.



Afaik from my last experience, this was a little less painful than normal wax but obviously still sore. I would also recommend this for sensitive skin as mine didn't flare up as much afterwards. If I try other places like underarms, legs, I'll edit and add that.
If you have any problems or have tried it before, leave a comment below.

No comments:

Post a Comment